Paul, Apostle of Christ - Open Your Eyes and Your Heart

Have you ever wondered who the Apostle Paul really was beyond his writings? Have you been curious about his life journey and how his writings came to be a good part of the New Testament? I feel like I know so much about what he wrote but not a lot about who he really was and the insecurities and pain he struggled with while sharing the gospel. This book really helped me have a better understanding of Paul, his writings, and the early church.

In the novelization of Paul, Apostle of Christ, readers witness Paul's last days. The story centers on Luke visiting Paul in Nero's hopeless prison, capturing Paul's God-given wisdom and story to share with the early church. (This is the Luke, the physician who wrote the gospel and Acts.) Framing this story are other significant plot lines, including Roman guard Mauritius and his sick daughter and the early church in Rome and their struggle to survive.

Paul Banner Canada

This book really gives the reader a clearer picture of not only Paul's character and life story, but who Luke was. I also appreciated the picture of the early church and how their oppression by the Roman Empire really came to light. The book is a bit graphic at times with the persecution of the early church, as well as Paul's beatings and recollection of when he persecuted Christians. That said, I would say this is realistic and I am glad the book doesn't shy away from it. It made me better understand the true trials of the early church and be more thankful for my freedom as a Christian today.

I had the privilege of also watching the film this book is based on--the book does have further details that I didn't grasp in the film, which I was grateful for. I would recommend if you are interested in learning more about the Apostle Paul and the early church in general. This story will open your eyes and your heart.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Comments

Popular Posts