A Timely Reminder in a Fast-Paced World

DOING BUSY BETTER: Enjoying Gods Gifts of Work and Rest by Glynnis Whitwer
I finally sit down to write this in the middle a hectic, long week. Then it hit me - is there every a time I won't feel overwhelmed and busy?

After grabbing a copy of this book and reading through, I think the answer is yes; but it takes a definite change in perspective and taking stock of your priorities.

Doing Busy Better is a book about finding balance in a busy world. Meant to free you from guilt and rushing and enter into a place of God's rest, this book is a great encouragement for anyone feeling overwhelmed by the pace of their lives.

Chapters like "Hurry is a Heart Condition," "What Drives Us to an Overbusy Life?" and "The Sabbath Reset" encourage readers to examine their priorities and learn to do busy better. I really appreciated Glynnis Whiwer's gentle, honest tone, coming from an "I've been there and done that" experience.

One other thing I liked about this book was the length and pace. It is easy to pick up and quickly read a chapter when you have a moment. The chapters are full of wisdom and also include callouts, heading breaks, and bullet points; all of which make it easy to consume when you're someone without a lot of time.

Overall, I think it's a great book to pick up if you find yourself burdened by your busyness and in need of rest.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Comments

Popular Posts