Touching Text Sprinkled with Prayers, Art, Poetry, and Journal Entries

I've been a fan of Flyleaf since the beginning. Lacey Sturm's story has always been one I've found so inspiring. When I saw another book she'd published, The Return, I was immediately drawn to it.

This book is beautiful. Lacey is so clearly in love with her Savior, and that seeps through these pages. I finished this book quickly because I was so mesmerized by the personal text and imagery. I felt myself being drawn towards God and a full life of loving Him just by reading her personal experiences and stories.

The Return is not a typical novel--its pages are full of imagery, poetry, prayer, journaling...something I, as a creative person, found really engaging and beautiful. It's very rhythmic and poetic writing, and chapters are made up of touching text but also sprinkled with song lyrics, prayers, art, poetry, drawings, and journal entries. The creative flavor immediately attracted me to this book and helped me digest the content even more.

I'm so thankful for Lacey's journey and her ability to so beautifully share her story with us. I felt uplifted, inspired, and closer to God after spending time reading this book.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Comments

Popular Posts