Booksneeze Review: More Lost Than Found

 

My favourite thing about this book was its profound honesty. Herd did not shy away from tough questions and didn't pretend that he could offer simple solutions to the questions. 

Written for those who don't fit the prototypical church mold, Herd talks about his journey in rejecting religion to finding his way back. The first chapter begins with the loss of faith and the last one is written about "going back to go forward". In between, Herd discusses a variety of things that shape Christianity, from  movies and music to the church.

The book is well-suited for my generation; aimed at young adults "straying" from the church and wondering why they feel anti-religion. So, this book really spoke to me. Although I would have liked it to have a more firm outline and direction, I felt my questions being answered and things I didn't even know I felt being addressed. I wanted to highlight passages on almost every page.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone struggling with faith. Herd offers suggestions for why one might feel this way without condemning them and also offering real solutions.

Disclaimer:I was provided a copy of this book free of charge to read and review. The thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not reflect those of Thomas Nelson or BookSneeze. This is disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

Comments

Popular Posts